Nov 18, 2010

Personal: "I wear a demeanour made of bright pretty things..."

 Please excuse this musical break, but I simply must share.
"If music be the food of love, play on. "
William Shakespeare

I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world that feels this way, but music is is like my everyday fuel. I've got a playlist for every emotion, a song for almost every memory, and music playing at all times ... if not you'll probably find me singing anyways. At one point in my childhood I could not, would not go to bed without music playing me to sleep, really. Music moves me everyday.

Anyways last night me, my sister, my mom and my best friend watched Brooke Fraser play at our favorite venue Jammin Java.
I know it's sometimes hard to pick favorites when it comes to music, like a favorite song, or artist, or album, or favorite rift, or favorite chord progression because there's just so much out there. 

But for me, Brooke Fraser takes the cake.
{Like jumping into a bowl of caramel indeed.}
If in another life song writing were my forté instead of crafting or photography ... I'd ask for lungs like hers, her eloquence with words... and her poetic way of using only the prettiest notes. Oh, and I'd probably ask for her adorable New Zealand accent too, just 'cause. With that said ... you better believe I was a bit starstuck last night, like a kid in a candy shop even. She was perfect. I can now happily cross off See Brooke Fraser live and Get Brooke Fraser's autograph from my life's to-do list.  Oh geez I sound like a teenage groupy .. haha .. but these are my confessions. Great music, is great music and last night was the inspiration I needed.
Her new album Flags is so good, like a hot cup of coffee on a cold November day.
Go out and get it so we can sing it at the top of our lungs together while doing a silly little dance! Who's with me?!?!?!


I love sharing music, who are YOU listening to???
Please let me know, so I can sing and dance with you like mad!

or

better yet, tweet me your address and I might just send you a mixtape of music love. {First 3 win}

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love her so much !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!
    I love Brooke!
    Her cd is DEFinitely on my Christmas list :)
    Seriously, I can't wait to see her someday -soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete