Jan 16, 2015

Personal: Flower Girl Flash Back Friday

I had to dig deep into the archives of my life for this post.

People always ask me: why weddings?
Well, frankly that's what I know. 
And that's what I love.

Ever since I was young I was always involved with weddings. If I wasn't a flower girl, jr. bridesmaid, or bridesmaid I was always helping my mom with flowers and decorations. But let me tell you, I had a pretty solid flower girl resume by age 10. (Forget the fact that I was probably a photographer's worst nightmare because I was always blinking in group photos.) 
I didn't realize that even as a young girl I was already being molding and equipped with wedding experience that would last me a lifetime. The ebb and flow of a wedding day was so familiar to me, that weddings were a normal thing in my mind. But come freshman year of high school I would hear my classmates talk about attending their first wedding ever. I thought attending 1-3 weddings a year was normal for everyone, I'd been doing that since I was like 6.
When my best friends started becoming brides & my dear friends started becoming grooms, I started to see weddings in a new light. With the possibility of finding love in my own life I realized the true magic of a wedding day was in the memories made & the love that was honored. The love of a man and wife, the love of friends and family, and above all the love of a Savior and Lord.
Man weddings are a lot, a lot of planning, a lot of details, and a lot of fun.
To my fellow bridesmaids, maid of honors, jr. bridesmaids, and flower girls ...
Enjoy each moment celebrating with the sweet women, friends, and family in your lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment