Oct 23, 2009

California adventures - Part 1

Some few weeks ago I went on an amazing adventure. I jumped on a plane all by myself early on a crisp 48 degree morning ready for some California adventure-ing and sunshine. If I could have pulled out my camera the moment we lifted off the ground I would have, because it was an unforgettable sight watching the sunrise over the quite silhouette of the city, my city. I was off ....
Photobucket
Whether on ground or in flight, there's so much to see and so much beauty everywhere.
Photobucket
Then I landed in sunny California without a cloud in sight. Boy, was it HOT ... and I loved it! I also loved the fact that my phone was attacked by a plethora of text messages and phone calls the moment I said, Facebook: I'M HERE!!! My friends are amazing, what can I say? They know how to welcome a gal back! It's been 2 long years since my last visit, we were all gonna make this one count!!!
Photobucket
Who picked me up from the airport {everyone asked}? None other than my amazing friend, the super lovely, amazingly talented, Mama Cakies: RUBY!!!!

3 things you should know about Ruby though my list could go on forever. 1. She's pregos with her third baby girl. Her other baby girls are named True & Brave {no lie} ... I can't wait to know babycakes #3's name. 2. She makes AMAZING stuff. Hairclips, bags, that dress she had on, her own dresses and her kid's dresses, crowns, necklaces ... anything and everything you can imaging ... Mrs. Ruby can and will make. 3. I loooove her sooo much! Midway through school, Ruby was the first person to invest in my graphic design career allowing me to brand her AMAZING business, and in turn encouraged me to get my own business started, and has since been a huge part of life though the last time we saw each other in person was more than 8 years ago I think.
Photobucket
The first order of business was FOOOD! Food is constantly on my mind, and of course the moment I landed. The only thing I craved was some good 'ole Inn-n-out.
Second order of business was vintage shopping with the Bratchers, True, Brave, and Ruby!!



Photobucket
Though the shop owner kept us waiting while on their lunch break, we had some silly fun anyways.
Photobucket



After shopping around I finally got to see two of my girls, whom I simply adore; Reinna Sherie {Carlton Hair's Tinkerbell hottie stylist} and the amazingly-adorable Richelle Jean {RJ} . And yes if you guessed it, the 3 of these girls are sister: Ruby, Reinna & Rj. I loooove these girls so much I don't know what I'd do without them. The three of them are soo amazingly talented, ever soo kind and break your heart beautiful. They have one more sibling, Ryan ... the only boy amongst them .. but Ryan boy is soo amazingly talented too it makes me sick!! {Look out for Part 2 of this post and you'll get to know more about Ryan boy!!}

Photobucket

After Reinna worked her magic on her baby sister's hair ... HUGS were in need!!!!! {It was little Rj's birthday the day I arrived, but her BIG birthday bash deserves an entry of it's on so look out for it}
Photobucket
I love my Reinnasaurus forever!!! "Reunited and it feels soo good" without a doubt!!! And yes, this is what 10 years of being Pen Pals looks like. No lie!!!

The last time we were together Reinna can on over to the East Coast to adventure with me in my home turf. We laughed, we cried, we cuddled, but of all things we were blessed. Reinna's like my sister from another mister and I don't know what my life would be without her. Only God knew that the letters we wrote to each other when we were little girls year after year, would turn into a friendship unlike any other. If you have a Pen pal, don't stop!!! Even after 10 years don't stop, because it's a beautiful thing, and for me something I'm glad I never stopped doing.

And because I love Reinna so very much, I wanted to make her birthday extra special. And with the Help of Ho & Jean there was an explosion of post it's in Reinna's room.

And she loved it!!
Photobucket
When did I find the time to pull off such a thing?


During their amazing band practice of course!!! And let me just say, they are alll soooooo amazing!
Photobucket
Meet Creinna. Christian + Reinna = Creinna.

These two are simply the best homies a girl could as for, and serious one AMAZING couple.
Photobucket
As daylight became nothing more than a memory, the night was full of crrrrrazy fun.
Photobucket
What kind of truck serves a piping hot Mexican fused Korean BBQ meal on the go??? The Kogi Truck of course!!! It can only be located late at night via Twitter, and boy do that masses show up for it.
Photobucket
As jetlagged as I was, I could not help but enjoy familiar faces, and new faces, and amazing food all around me.
Photobucket
Especially this face! This is my other love Krissa, who also had her own set of East Coast adventures with me just last year!!!

It was late, and I was a walking zombie {about 1am California time but 4am Virginia time} but ... still we kept going.
Photobucket
All thanks to the AMAZING Christian Cruz, my future business parter and Reinna's awesome sauce boyfriend. This guy is tooo much fun, and some how managed to get all of us out of the house once again for another late night food run.


Our last destination of the day was Albert's, a hole in the wall type join, with THE BEST breakfast burritos, and a place I got super familiar with during my stay there. Oh how the adventures never stopped ... and that was only day 1!!! There's soo much more to be shared...

And if you can bare with me and wait patiently ... it'll all be blogged up soon! For now ... TEASERS!!! Lot's of them. So enjoy, and enjoy your weekend!! Happy Friday to you and live it up and go on some adventures of your own friends!!!!!
Photobucket
Nothing like the beach!
Photobucket
Photoshoot with my new amazing friends, with the help and guidence of Mr. Christian Cruz!! WORD!
Photobucket
More foodie adventures.
Photobucket
And a "wedding sized" party for an 18 year old like none other!!!!
Photobucket
Did I mention it was 60's themed????????????????? OOOH the stories to tell!!

I love California, but most importantly my dear friends who call it home. I can't wait for more California Adventuring come December!! Woot woot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment