Sep 7, 2009

The Fam-bam Vacation: Part 1

This entry has been along time coming, but here it is. Thanks for patiently waiting for it's arrival, and for the brave & few thanks in advance for braving through a ridiculously long entry. I did not want to miss a beat because more than just another blog entry, this was precious, and amazing family time not only written for myself but for my fam.
Photobucket
 On a beautiful yet super early Friday morning me and my mom headed down to our favorite beach house filled with the people we love the most, our family. They had spent the entire week there already, me and my mom were ready to join in on the fun and finally finish work for the week. We started our trip at the golden arches and got going to Virginia Beach.
Photobucket
Photobucket
   A few hours later ... we were finally arrived, welcomed by our charming little beach house and family still half asleep.
Photobucket
 Walking around the house I slowly found all my family members starting their day and lazing about.
Photobucket
I even found my uncle checking out my blog on his iphone. It was the first time he saw the pictures I took of his girls and he beamed like a proud papa.
Photobucket
Then the house came to life with noise and movement as everyone began to wake.
Photobucket
{My mom}
Photobucket
Our first order of business was to go go-carting. And boy did we have a good time.
Photobucket
{My sister and my cousin Cristi}
Photobucket
{Travis John}
PhotobucketPhotobucket
{Tita (Aunt) Susie}
Photobucket
I'm such a dork, I know.
Photobucket
{ The "Adopted" Cousin: Mat!!!}
We also visited the Aquarium and made new friends.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Gina and one of the sea turtle exchanged kisses.
Photobucket
Out of all the creatures both big and small, the horse fish was my absolute favorite. If I could have brought it home with me that day I would have. Instead I'll ask Santa to get me one some day if I'm good enough.

Midway through the day the sky broke open and rained down a whole river, so after an awesome lunch/dinner we went to the movies and watched Band Slam. But before the show started we hopped on over to the mall and had some sweets!
Photobucket
Being the Filipinos that we are ... we had only one kind of sweet on our mind.
Photobucket
Some Halo-halo baby!!! In other words a "Mix-mix" of the the tastiest fruits and icecream in a cup. My summers are just not the same if I don't have some.

The movie was great {no lie}, but it was even greater fun just being with my family dearest. What made it even greater was the email I got about doing more freelance graphic design AND photography opportunity in California!!!! Just one more month and I'll be soaking up the west coast sun!

Anyways back to our little vacation. Later in the evening we ventured out on to the busy streets to do some late night shopping and grabbed ourselves some midnight snacks.
Photobucket
The streets were always filled with music and entertainment.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
And we also got ourselves some henna.
Photobucket
This is mi familia; my big sister, my mom and I. And we love cake .. any kind of cake really.
Photobucket
So of course we found ourselves some funnel cake to chow down on.

Day numero uno for me was just awesome! I love my family and the laughter and good times we get to share. Day two is coming up soon ... till then hope you all are enjoying your Labor day weekend and making more memories of your own!!

Happy Monday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Never seen such fun family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style of documenting things! :))) You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such neat perspectives!

    ReplyDelete