Jun 21, 2010

Personal: Father's Day

Hope you all had an amazing Father's Day! Celebrating all the wonderful father's in your life. Though my dad is not here ... I'm am very blessed to be surrounded by many wonderful fathers, whether it be my own uncles, or the fathers of my dearest friends ... I've been blessed none the less and am grateful for each an everyone of you fathers who've treated me and my sister like your own daughters somewhere along the road. It's meant the world to us to have had great father like figures to look up to and go to when we needed it the most. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Father's Day, I must admit, isn't the easiest day to get through for me and my family. Though it's a day of beautiful celebration ... it's days like this we miss my dad the most. It's been about 19 years, without him and there are still some days I miss him like it was only yesterday. But I know he's watching over us, his favorite girls. And I can't help but smile remembering the person he was and the legacy he left us with.
I miss him alot, more than I know how to ever put into words, but as E.E. Cummings would have said "I carry {his} heart with me" ... and ... I know I still have the unconditional love of my heavenly Father to carry me through days like this.

{I was honored and privilaged to sing this song with my fellow high school alumni this weekend at my choral director's retirement concert ... and can't think of a better time to share the lyrics of this song, then to share them now.}

This one's for you pops. I love you, and miss you still.
-your baby girl

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good"
{For Good, Wicked}

No comments:

Post a Comment