Feb 13, 2010

Personal: Ica + Tim {Our Story}

So many of my posts are stories about how he met her, or how she loves him, or how they love their kids ... with Valentine's here tomorrow I can't help but want to share a story of my own. A while back the darling and ridiculously amazing Jamie Delaine asked if I would do a post about how I met my boyfriend ... and I can't find a better time to blog this than now.

Now where to begin?
This is my boyfriend Tim and I ... always silly, and always crazy.
 The short version is that we met on a blind date three years ago. 
{Yes, I said blind date ... though to my disappointment he wasn't blind at all. Hahahah}

But truth be told, there's so much more to the story than that.
His younger sister and one of my best friends are the ones to blame because it was their idea for us to go to Semi Formal together, without asking me of course. We were both dateless, and up for it so it worked out perfectly.

Tim and I didn't know each other personally, though we did meet 2 or 3 times before {Tim just honestly doesn't remember any of those times} ... I knew who he was and he knew who I was. A big plus was that it wasn't hard to get mother's approval for our 'blind date' because she knew who he was too. His parents and my parents have actually known each other since way back in college in the Philippines, and his uncle is actually the one who married my parents {and who's son just got married in California ... which me and my sister were bridesmaids for}. Small world huh?

Well anyways, our date was great ... no it was awesome. And it felt like we knew each other for a long time, {and technically we kind of have} ... the difference was that it was our first time ever hanging out, ever ... and I was his date, and we were all dressed up. 

So that my friends is how we met.
It's been three awesome years since filled with even more awesome dates, just not any more blind ones.
Like a year later we went to the same formal ... but had ourselves a masquerade.
Or this last year, we went to a different formal ... and had just as much time as all our other dates.
Already in 2010 we've gone on some pretty amazing dates, to museums, or a triple date, game nights, hot chocolate dates ... and so many others, and I've loved every single one of them.
Tim is not only my boyfriend, but he's one of my best friends, my biggest fan, and my favorite critic. He points out the good, the bad and even the ugly with me, making sure I'm always giving God my best as well as everything and everyone else.
He writes me songs, and gives me sweets {because he knows how BIG my sweet tooth is}, and he loves to play with me. We love love love playing pool, or speed, or ninja, or every so often we miniature golf ... or we simply play on the playground.
We've been told we are like little kids, more than a few times ... and that's ok with me.
So yup ... this is us.
Ica + Tim.

And tomorrow is Valentine's. Want to know how he asked me to be his Valentine?
He took great advantage of the two blizzards that came our way this past week and wrote it out in the snow for me. Itsn't he just 'swonderful!

And Dearest Tim, Yes.Yes. and Yes!
{not only for tomorrow}

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's and make sure you tell the ones you love just how much they mean to you! I love you all!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

6 comments:

  1. I'm such a sucker for blog posts like these... GAHH!!!! you guys are adorable and i'm so SO happy for you beautiful Ica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my boy. Timmy, keep charging hard brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh i love this chica! You are too cute together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaaaaadorable.

    ps i adore kina.

    ReplyDelete